IT-Harvest is an industry analyst firm founded by Richard Stiennon, security expert and industry analyst, who is known for disrupting the industry with his insight. IT-Harvest creates reports and analysis of trends in emerging threats and the technology to counter them. Vendors engage IT-Harvest for strategic guidance on product road maps, acquisitions, and influence. Enterprises around the world use IT-Harvest guidance for product and architecture decision making. Wall Street engages with IT-Harvest to identify category leaders, industry trends, and investment opportunities.
Stiennon is the most followed IT security analyst on Twitter. He is author of Surviving Cyberwar (Rowman&Littlefield, 2010) and the soon to be published Cyber Defense: Countering Targeted Attacks. He also wrote and published UP and to the RIGHT: Strategy and Tactics of Analyst Influence (IT-Harvest Press, July 2012)
Prior to founding IT-Harvest Richard Stiennon was Chief Marketing Officer for Fortinet, Inc. the leading network security infrastructure vendor. Before that he was VP Threat Research at Webroot Software.
Before Webroot, Mr. Stiennon was VP Research at Gartner Inc. where he covered security topics including firewalls, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, security consulting, and managed security services for the Security and Privacy group. He is a holder of Gartner’s Thought Leadership award and was named “One of the 50 most powerful people in Networking” by NetworkWorld Magazine.
- 24,207 followers of @stiennon on Twitter
- 14,500 followers of @cyberwar
- 5,900 members of the Security Leaders Group on Linkedin
- 13,000 subscribers to the Cyber Defense Weekly newsletter
Mr. Stiennon has presented in 26 countries on six continents. His speaking engagements have included:
- AusCert 2010
- RSA Conference 2009, 2010, 2011
- FDIC 4th Annual Technology Conference
- Gartner symposia in Orlando, Denver, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC, Cannes, Tokyo, Mexico City, Sao Palo, and Tel Aviv
- Lectures at University of Wisconsin, University of Colorado. and Purdue
- CIO Seminars in Mexico City, Bogota, China, Singapore, Australia, New York, Boston, Las Vegas, The Pentagon, Anchorage, ,Honolulu, UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Turkey, France, and Sweden
- Recent Advances in IDS, Case Western University.
Stiennon has written for Network World (IDG) and CIOUpdate (Jupiter Media)and CIO.com. His blog was hosted by CNet for two years and is now syndicated to InfoSecIsland.com and Forbes.com.
Stiennon earned a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Michigan. He holds two patents. He is currently enrolled in the MA in War in the Modern World program at King's College, London.
For more information on any of the services provided by IT-Harvest or to schedule a call with an analyst contact Richard Montoya, EVP Sales and New Business Development.
Email: [email protected]
Our mailing address:
Birmingham, MI 48012 (USA)